Day 5 saw a bright clear day and clear runway so we were set to go. The
flight out was uneventful, just wonderful views on take off and a warm breakfast. We heard the night before was a record low of -27 degrees, so the cosy warm plane was welcome. Reflecting back I see some improvement in the men's teams again this year, however the biggest improvement is in the kids. They are getting proper coaching, and with 800 sets of donated skates and equipment just arriving they are looking sharp as well. They now have a skate sharpening machine, and many of the kids are taking up speed skating with nice new skates. As usual I have no idea if this fourth trip to Leh will be my last, if I'm here I'm definitely going to try to put a team together but if not there are some very excited and dedicated folks to take over and plan Leh 2007.
Jullay!!!
Monday, February 06, 2006
Hockey Night in the Himalayas - Day 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment