Thursday, February 16, 2006

Double-whammy!


Wait! While I was researching details for the previous blog post, I saw the homepage change yet again, but I thought that it was just CBC rewriting the article on the women's win to include the previous men's win in the same category, to make the article more complete or something. But when I checked the medal standings, I realised that we JUST won that Men's Silver Medal!! Some more live-action thrilling webpage-updating happening here. This IS kind of exciting! So now instead of being at 7th, Canada has been bumped up again - this time to 5th place! Not too shabby!

Now if only we can catch the US who are in 4th...

By the way, Ryan, the UK finally won its first medal. Ooh! And it was in Women's Skeleton! Gutsy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAH! The UK woman rose from 4th to 2nd place with a great second run. The Canadian woman made a tiny mistake on her second run, so when she finished the run, she thought she had dropped out of medal standings. Then the (German?) woman in 2nd place dropped to 4th with a really slow run so Melissa Hollingsworth-Richard got her 3rd place standing back to win the Bronze! Exciting!!!

Pamela