Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bangs are a big step for me


I finally decided to go for it and get bangs (or a fringe as they call it here) for the first time in over 10 years. I've never liked bangs before, but I LOVE this haircut! Definitely my favourite haircut ever!

If you're ever in London and you have asian hair, you MUST go to this Japanese salon, Moga. My hairdresser was a senior stylist named Yuki and she was great! She suggested the hairstyle after I gave her really basic parameters (need to look professional, but not old, plus I'm hopeless at blowdrying).

It was, of course, expensive (£41), but everything's expensive in Central London. That's the most I've ever paid for a haircut but I sort of saved up after not getting my hair cut for 7 months. Well worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Just read your blog for the first time in ages!

LOVE THE HAIRCUT! I need one really badly too, its been 4 months. Will do it this week before I go home and see you! Dont think i can do bangs yet though. I'll be curious to hear more about how hard it was to get used to :)
Lar

Muriel said...

That is definitely a nice haircut and you look gorgeous!

Samantha Lee said...

Thanks! They're horribly outgrown now, but I'm going to put off getting it recut until just before I go home for Xmas.