It was sunny, warm and the ground was actually dry for this walk (yay! no slippery English mud!).


These shrink-wrapped haystacks look like alien offspring pods.
These country walks are on public footpaths that go right through people's property. We regularly have to go through kissing gates (I'll have to take a pic of that next time) and climb over fences to follow the path, though it's not always obvious where the "path" is! Can you see the little wooden plank that comes out perpendicularly to this fence (under the two horizontal pieces of wood)? That's a step that's used to climb over the fence.
I was scared to go so close to the horses (don't laugh - I'm allergic! ...and maybe slightly paranoid), but I made it through.
I guess they don't look too menacing. I'm just glad they didn't lick me.
We passed through a small town on our walk with this cute British phone booth sort of in the middle of nowhere.
Where's Sam?

Very kitsch, but fun anyway.

1 comment:
In our family we always refer to the plastic-wrapped hay as marshmallows.
Post a Comment