Best:
Leaving India and my 3 weeks of vacation with good family and quality friends. I just felt like a huge weight had lifted off my shoulders and I finally returned to being myself, a positive person that I like.
Worst:
Freaking out over when I thought my FabIndia carpet was "ruined". It was my favourite thing that I bought in India and just made me happy every time I saw it. I just got so angry inside and it didn't help that I was stressed with my move to London. Then when I tried to get a replacement in FabIndia, I got so frustrated that I burst out crying in the store. (I hate it when that happens - it's so embarrassing!) Looking at it now, it really looks fine and isn't ruined at all, but it somehow doesn't make me as happy as it did before.
Funniest:
This is always a hard one for me, but I would say:
Getting to know Thomas in Spanish class and our outings afterwards. He totally cracks me up! Watching Avenue Q with Lara was pretty darn hilarious too!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Worst- Ill fated trip to Niagara-on the-Lake at the end of the summer with a new friend who was a potential s.o. One of my colleagues had said a wine tasting trip was a good kind of trip to go on if you're not sure where to take things because "if you're not having a good time, you can just drink a little more to make the pain go away." So, I drank a little more. And a little more. And then a little more! (He was openly critical of other people on an ongoing basis and always had to be in the driver's seat. On the second last day, we got a flat tire and by the time it got fixed, I was very sorry it's illegal to have open liquor in a moving vehicle in Ontario...because given my friend's reaction to the "pain" caused to the car, I could have sipped on a fine bottle of red all the way back to Ottawa, straight from the bottle! We never spoke again after that trip (possibly I shouldn't have laughed when I saw the flat...don't think it was well received). Ah, well - not much of a loss there as it turned out and it's better to find out in advance what someone's all about. ...all's well that ends well. "End" (or rather, "no start") being the operable word here!!
Best- Starting a new and challenging assignment (and saying fare thee well to the previous one); meeting and hooking up with my significant other in the fall (who can resist a dimple, a kind heart, a saucy smile, and a quick wit?); having it affirmed that there are sane, decent, balanced, ethical men in this world who are kind to and speak well of others; seeing my niece again at 8 months and skating on the pond at Hawrelak Park in Edmonton (earlier in the year, in January)
Funniest- Some of the stuff I read at work...
Who's anonymous? I'm trying to guess but I'm not having much luck.
Oh Sam! I'm honoured to have a mention on your list. I think I sent you mine via email. I LOVE that you LOVE this tradition!
Post a Comment