Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day 1 of Divadom

*WARNING: POSTING ABOUT FEMININE HYGIENE PRODUCT*

So it's nearing the end of Day One of That Time of the Month. This morning, I put in the diva cup. It wasn't too difficult but I had trouble following the last part of the directions because I think I may have pushed it in a little too far. The last part of the directions says that you should pinch the cup and rotate it one full circle to make sure it's in place. If it rotates easily, then you're good to go. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a grip on the slippery little sucker! I pulled it out a little to try and get a better grip, but with no luck. Since, as usual, I'd left myself too little time to get ready for work, I ran out of time and just put on a pantyliner and hoped that the cup would work.

So far, no leaking, no smell, no mess, no nothing. I'm impressed! Of course, I can't be sure yet that my period has actually started, but it's usually pretty regular. The only bad thing so far has been that the stem at the bottom has been kind of poking me - I think because I pulled it out too far.

Next step, to try taking it out. Stay tuned, or not, if this is too gross. I won't be offended. ;)

11 comments:

Johanna said...

Gorgeous Sam! :) You're my favourite diva! I'm looking forward to your next testing episode.

benjamin said...

Me too.
I like the poking part. ;)
At first I associated your camel pic with this post and I just thought "Holy s**t, what the hell made her wearing these pure white trousers when she is doing her first steps as a diva, not knowing where it will take her?". But then I was cool, because I realized the pic was taken during the pre-diva era.
Btw. Hanna is REALLY looking forward to your next post. ;)

Samantha Lee said...

I had no idea you guys would be so interested! You rock!

ryan101 said...

Good Lord, i'll never be able to look at you the same way again...

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness...I will *definitely* take you seriously next time you post a "warning" at the top of a post! ;-) But what an interesting concept! C-in-O.

Samantha Lee said...

You can't say I didn't warn you, Ryan!

ryan101 said...

How come we have to wait so long for the next period post?...

Samantha Lee said...

I didn't think you'd be so interested! I'll try to put in my conclusion tomorrow.

ryan101 said...

Was meant to be a joke...

Nevermind. I'll stop any more attempts.

Lara said...

Sooo missy it looks like in my absence you have been BUSY posting for all the world to know about your Diva-Licious feminine cycles!

I used to use the KEEPER which is extremely similar to the DIVA so next time we talk we can trade stories. I hated the poking. Wraaagh!

Kat is a DIVA too if you need support. She would be enthusiastically supportive to know of your experiement! Ok bye to read the rest - its 3:14 am here so why stop now??

Samantha Lee said...

Feel free to forward a link to the post to Kat if you think she'd be interested. Glad to hear that other people are using the Diva Cup!