I finally got sick of using pads/tampons and seeing all the waste it produces and decided to order a diva cup. It's a reusable silicone cup that you insert sort of like a tampon except you can leave it in longer, there's no danger of Toxic Shock Syndrome, it doesn't leak and it doesn't smell... or so the very comprehensive website advertises. I am determined to get over my "Ew it must be gross!" aversion and try it during my next cycle. Imagine instead of a lifetime mountain of used pads or tampons (gross!), a single easily washible little cup as your contribution to the Earth. And you save money too!
I ordered it on their website ($39.50 CAD) and got it delivered to India - imagine that! They accept international orders and seem to deliver anywhere, and fast too. I got it within a week and a half in a discreet small (unwasteful) package.
If you're interested in reducing your impact on the environment, then I suggest you check out their website. They have a really good FAQ to answer all your questions. And if you're still a little squeamish (like me), then check my blog in a couple of weeks when it's that time of the month again to see how I do.
Now I can't chicken out. Wish me luck!

It even comes with a diva pin that you can use to (discreetly) advertise your support for the diva cup.

1 comment:
Oh, I think we once gave this thing to one of our friends as a birthday present. But it was because we thought it would be a tiny rubber, and we wanted to tease him.
Weird world... ;)
Post a Comment