Friday, January 05, 2007

Monkeys in the neighbourhood


Look who I found while walking down my street.

In India, monkeys are considered a dangerous pest. Once, Saroj left the door to her kitchen open and monkeys came in knocking everything over. A big fat monkey once jumped from my balcony onto the roof of my car making a big fat dent. There was a pipe exposed on the side of my house while they were fixing something and a monkey came and was yanking on it, trying to break it.

So cute yet so mischievous.

2 comments:

Pamplemousse said...

Please try to take more pictures of monkeys!!! They may be a pest up close in India but they are endlessly fascinating to the rest of us. Just make sure your camera strap is tightly wound round your wrist or secure on your neck! Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Good call Pam. I think Monkeys are absolutely fascinating too. More pix! However from my brief experience with them, I know they are totally sneaky and can be jerks, and their looks are really quite misleading.