Sunday, December 10, 2006

Office Xmas Party

We had our office Xmas party today and it was a great success! I was the Canadian officer on the Xmas Party Planning Committee - little did I know when I volunteered that being the only Canadian meant that I'd be responsible for it! The whole committee really pitched in though and the party was a great success. The best Xmas Party our office has ever had was what one of our staff told me. This was the first time we had games and activities planned for both adults and children, instead of just having a dinner and chitchat. And I even introduced a tradition we have in Canada - a week-long Secret Santa activity that culminated at the office party. What other countries have Secret Santa? I was really happy that they enjoyed the Secret Santa activity, because from the reaction I got from some of the Canadians, I was worried that they thought it was too childish. (But who doesn't like receiving gifts everyday no matter what age you are, eh?)

We had tug of war, a three-legged race, one of our drivers dressed up as Santa Claus handing out gifts, a mehndi wallah, a tarot card reader and even musical chairs. (I had thought that musical chairs would be too childish, but the adults seemed to love it more than the kids!)


Here's a shot of me getting some mehndi done. I'll try to add more pictures including one of my hand now that the mehndi has darkened.

2 comments:

Pamplemousse said...

I was invited to participate in a Secret Santa for my workplace here in Taipei! Let me know if you have any good ideas for gifts from stuff you received/gave! I just bought you a xmas card. Is it safe to send one to you? Can you email me your address?

Pamela

Samantha Lee said...

I got little tea light candles, flowers, gum and chocolate. Then for my final gift, I got a nice glass candle holder. My Secret Santa also typed out all my notes on the printer and printed cool Santa images on them.

I gave a chocolate tart, a list of compliments, a mini-teddy bear, 2 Ferrero Rochers and some cool nail polish. For her final gift I got her a book "What to Expect: The Toddler Years" because she has a baby.

In Canada, I got Xmas socks from a Secret Santa that I still wear. Or a Xmas ornament would be nice, maybe something to decorate their office? Let me know what you end up giving.