
Check out the Xmas tree decoration I made! I was admiring the red and blue balls that my German friend, Iris, had on display in her home and she gave me the raw materials to make two of my own. A styrofoam ball (she actually gave me a ball that seemed to be made out of packed paper/cotton), sequins, transparent beads (with the silver around the hole in the middle) and lots of short pins are all you need. I've made my first one and I just have one to go. But boy are they a lot of hard work! My fingers were hurting from trying to push the pins into the dense ball when I discovered I could use my coaster to push them in instead. But I bent a lot of pins in the process rendering them unusable. It's harder than it looks!

3 comments:
Very nice, they're nothing compared to the snowflakes last year though...
Very artsy and crafty! I meant to make this kit of homeade Xmas cards this year, but was lucky to even got some regular cards out. Did I tell you I have this wierd addiction to buying Christmas cards? I have soooo many now. They'are all beautiful and or fun, but still!
I have some Xmas cards I've been holding onto for a few years now as well! They're the ones where you have to insert a photo so of course, I've never gotten around to picking and printing a photo in time.
Post a Comment