Friday, December 16, 2005

Surprise Breakfast



Last weekend I woke up and was told that Ihad to stay in bed for one more hour. "No problem," I thought. But I was curious as to the reason for this imposed bedrest. After the time was up, I was escorted downstairs by my newly-acquired-unbenownst-to-me German butler, Benjamin. When I arrived downstairs, I saw this feast waiting for me in my dining room, complete with fresh flowers! I was very surprised and touched by this homecooked meal.

The breakfast was composed of:
- crêpes made for the first time by Johanna following a recipe from my very own cookbook (a recipe that I've never tried, I might add - no surprise there),
- various jams and peanut butters found in my fridge,
- some bread from Monica's (or as the locals say it, "Moe-nee-cahz"),
- hardboiled eggs balancing in my escargot plate that the Germans thought was a dysfunctional egg holder,
- and some smoked salmon from home (thanks Dad and Pam!).
And to top it all off, I cracked open my maple syrup from Canada - yummy!

The crêpes were delicious - Johanna, how did you know I LOVE crêpes? And the Germans (the AIESEC trainees, not to be confused with the factory-manager-Germans) enjoyed their first taste of maple syrup. The flowers have bloomed in my house as a warm reminder of the event.

Thank you so much Johanna and Ben for your wonderful (and delicious) German hospitality!!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: