Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Country Walk #2: Hassock - Lewes

I went on my second country walk, this time to near Brighton about an hour away from London. Although the leaves don't turn to such a large variety of brilliant colours as they do in Canada (I'm told that this is because England doesn't have such a quick frost), it's still beautiful to be walking in the crisp autumn air.



We passed a man who was standing at the edge of a field/forested hunting area. His job was to try and herd the partridges back into the area if they came his way. There were man scattered all around the border and we could hear the gunshots in the distance. It was a little scary to hear them if you ask me, but I guess hunting is a long English tradition.



We visited this old English church that had old paintings on the inside walls, but unfortunately I didn't take a picture. Here's the front of the church though. It's quite common to have a small graveyard on the grounds of the church.



And a small Remembrance Day display...

No comments: