
On Thursday, I finally got my PCF (Posting Confirmation Form) which means that my posting to London has received its final approval from the Higher Ups! Woohoo!!! Now I can buy my plane ticket, get my new dip passport, etc etc.
On a slightly unrelated note, on Thursday night I sprained my ankle pretty badly coming down the stairs in my house. I somehow thought the second last step was the last, stepped down and heard a loud snap as I fell. It hurt SO bad and all I could think about as I fought against the pain was, "Oh no! What if this somehow screws up my posting to London!!" which isn't the most logical concern to have at that moment but I guess that's what intense pain does to ya.
It just shows how unbelievably lucky I feel to have gotten this posting that I'm subconsciously afraid that it's too good to be true. I guess I won't fully believe it until I've landed in London in August. For now, I'll just enjoy the anticipation. :D
P.S. I thought for sure the ankle had to be broken but a later x-ray revealed otherwise, to my great relief. By the way, here's a great website that I am referring to in my recovery. It gives a useful plan on how to rehabilitate an ankle sprain.

6 comments:
Get well and we'll see you in Europe! When are you moving?
Get well and we'll see you in Europe! When are you moving?
Ow! That sounds bad! That article was cool. So is it a 2nd or 3rd degree sprain?
Great that you got your London stuff! So do you know when you're visiting me now?
Pamela
I'm due to leave here about July 27 and start work in London August 20th.
In my *expert* opinion it's a 2nd degree sprain.
Ah... Europe's going to be great. When are you moving to Kiev, Fred?
Congrats.
You hurt your foot around this time last year, didn't you?
Yeah... that was in July. Sad, isn't it?
Post a Comment