Friday, March 31, 2006

Dating in India

For those of you wondering why I'm not dating any locals in India, this will give you an idea of part of the reason. It's a funny article written from the guy's perspective about dating a Sikh Indian girl, and it also gives interesting insight into life in India. I live in the Punjab which is mostly Sikh. Thanks to Kevin for posting it on the trainee blog.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was a local, would you still keep your solar panels? I mean, solar rocks!

Samantha Lee said...

Hm... I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here, but I'm all for solar panels. Ya!

Admin told me yesterday that they're going to keep them for now since the summer should be sunny and steamy meaning lots of free energy for moi!

Although... there is a small glitch. One of the solar panels just completely shattered. At first, I thought it was the monkeys, but Saroj said it shattered before her eyes for no visible reason. I went up to look and sure enough, there are a gjillion different cracks in the glass. India is very strange.

Anonymous said...

When it heard it might be removed, it shattered as did its tiny silicate heart. Oh woe is the life of a panel, that though it liveth its days in the light of the sun, soon cometh dusk; thus wastes the cell! Oh photoreceptor, how I grieve for thee, but will that ye be placed in that, the abode of the rigteous and good electronic: Silicon Heaven.

Ra-men.

Samantha Lee said...

Wax on, my friend, wax on.

Anonymous said...

Sooo that was a fascinatingly funny article, but its all about dating an Indian GIIIRL. It must be vastly different to date BOOOYS?

HumbleAuthor said...

Sam, you want to try dating an Indian boy and give us an After Action Report?

Samantha Lee said...

Um... no comment.

HumbleAuthor said...

I think Larj just wants to date you, Sam.

Samantha Lee said...

You do know that LarJ is a girl, right?

HumbleAuthor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HumbleAuthor said...

That just makes it more interesting.